Gabrielle Union might just be the cutest actress in Hollywood. It almost seems unfair, right? She’s armed with bouncy bold tresses, flawless golden brown skin, and a gorgeous flirty smile. But how does she do it?! Unlike Beyonce, we all don’t wake up like this.
We caught up with Gabby U (her very aborbs social media moniker), and she dished on her best kept secrets for summer beauty! Check it out.
1. Stay hydrated: They say you should drink eight glasses of water a day, but I drink double that – a FULL gallon! Aside from the obvious – staying hydrated – it keeps my skin, hair and nails healthy and keeps my metabolism revved.
2. Feel good about your smile: A healthy, white smile is an essential part of my year round beauty routine. It’s a great accessory to any outfit and helps make a lasting first impression. I brush with Philips Sonicare DiamondClean to keep my teeth and gums healthy, and my dentist whitens my smile with Philips Zoom either in the office or with convenient take-home trays.
3. Go natural: On set at “Being Mary Jane,” we’ve been experimenting with this fresh look for my character that has become my go-to for warmer weather: A heavier brow (it makes you look more youthful!), a nude lip and just mascara for the eyes. If I do more eye makeup for nighttime, I avoid black and stick to shades of brown for a more naturally dramatic look.
4. Keep hair simple with bold accents: I live in Miami and my show shoots in Atlanta, which are both extremely hot and humid places in the summer. For a cute and low maintenance hairstyle, I take it back to 1986 with braids, or I put my hair up in a simple topknot. A top knot is also great for going out or a big event – I pair it with a cat eye and a bold red lip.
5. Confidence is key: It’s so important to feel confident about who you are and not to succumb to unrealistic expectations. I gave that up a while ago. I try to keep healthy habits like exercising and eating fruits and veggies – I’m really into juicing daily – but I don’t put pressure on myself to fit a certain mold. If you’re 5, 10, 20 pounds more than you want to be, it’s okay. Just feel confident about being YOU.