Beauty products can be so expensive. Especially when you are buying the latest beauty trends and celebrity makeup collaborations. But you know I’m here to save the day–and your wallet! There are a number of really easy ways to stretch those hard-earned dollars without sacrificing the beauty results.
1. Revive Your Nail Polish: If your polish brush no longer reaches the bottom of the bottle, add a few drops of nail polish remover, shake the bottle and voila, new nail polish. You should also invest in a long thin paintbrush to access those hard to reach last bits of polish before trashing the bottle for good.
2. Maximize Mascara: Is your favorite mascara all dried up? Use a hair dryer to heat it up, or soak the tube in hot water to re-liquify. But remember mascara should be thrown out after three to six months of use to avoid infections.
3. Make Lipstick Last: Scrape the lipstick dregs out of bottom of the tube, place inside of a pill-box, contact lens case or a very small plastic paint palette and microwave for about 10 seconds. Then, put the melted lipstick in the fridge to harden in your new “container.” You might need to use a lipstick brush to apply, but that’s much cheaper than a whole new tube of Chanel.
4. Longer Life Lip Liner: To keep lip and eyeliners moist and firm, store them in the refrigerator between uses.
5. From Powder to Gloss: Take leftover powdered blush (when it’s cracked and you can hardly get it on the brush) and mix with Vaseline for a pink, sparkly nude lip gloss.
6. From Dust to Gold: If your blush or eye shadow cracks and falls apart, put all of the pieces in a plastic baggie and pound into a powder. Then, dip a make-up brush in to use the powdery bits.
7. Spritz and Save: When your favorite perfumes have vanished into fumes, add water to the perfume bottle, shake it up and transfer to a spray bottle (unless your perfume bottle is already an atomizer, in which case use that). Voila! Instant body spray!
8. Turn Powder to Crème Shadows: To change the look of a powder eye shadow you’ve had for a while, apply a little Vaseline to your lid before applying the shadow for a creamier, richer color that will “pop” and look ultra-modern – like you just visited the latest makeup counter.
9. Freeze Frame: If your makeup keeps melting off while you’re applying it during the hot summer months, open the freezer door and let your face cool down to help your make-up set. That way, you won’t have to keep re-applying and wasting more makeup.
10. Cheap Shine-Stoppers: If you run out of blotting papers and want to de-shine your face on a humid day, toilet seat covers are a great stand-in.
Check out more of my must-read beauty tips below:
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
1. Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair1 of 49
2. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave in Conditioner 8.5 Oz2 of 49
3. Miss Jessie’s Quick Curls3 of 49
4. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil4 of 49
5. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner5 of 49
6. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel6 of 49
7. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Collection7 of 49
8. Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir Fortifying Scalp Spray and Restoring Oil8 of 49
9. Kinky Curly Knot Today9 of 49
10. Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Texture Manageability System10 of 49
11. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls11 of 49
12. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner12 of 49
13. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar13 of 49
14. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner14 of 49
15. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner15 of 49
16. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo16 of 49
17. Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Creme17 of 49
18. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner18 of 49
19. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner19 of 49
20. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo20 of 49
21. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo21 of 49
22. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo22 of 49
23. Motions Hair Naturally You Products23 of 49
24. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner24 of 49
25. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel25 of 49
26. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo26 of 49
27. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter27 of 49
28. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray28 of 49
29. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo29 of 49
30. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged30 of 49
31. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel31 of 49
32. AG Re:coil32 of 49
33. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper33 of 49
34. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite34 of 49
35. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue35 of 49
36. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier36 of 49
37. Aussie Moist Shampoo37 of 49
38. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel38 of 49
39. Moroccanoil Shampoo39 of 49
40. Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner40 of 49
41. Moroccanoil Hair Treatment41 of 49
42. Softsheen Carson Optimum Amla Legend Billion Hair Potion42 of 49
43. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment43 of 49
44. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner44 of 49
45. Yarok Hair45 of 49
46. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner46 of 49
47. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner47 of 49
48. Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner48 of 49
49. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry Skin49 of 49
Follow me @gorgeousingrey