The Health/Medical Impact: “If Everybody Ran…” there would be:
1. $130 billion in health care savings: Make an appointment with your running shoes more and make appointments with your doctor less. Hello “no-pay” co-pay!
2. 200 million inches lost from American waistlines: Minute for minute running is one of the most effective forms of exercise for burning calories. You are moving your entire body and your core is not exempt from all the RAD benefits running offers.
3. An increased average life expectancy of 6.2 years in men and 5.6 years in women: You only get one body in this here life. Take care of it and enjoy your extended stay here on earth.
Other Major Impacts: “If Everybody Ran…” there would be:
1. 63 million happier dogs: I mean you do have to walk your furry friend. Some even like running, so win win here ladies.
2. 135 million fewer hours spent watching TV: From the couch to the streets. Entertain yourself running (which is P.S. my favorite way to people watch) and instantly spend less time being entertained by your boy Samsung.
3. 14 billion fewer hours spent online: It’s very hard to text and run (trust me). So sign on to the web less and sign up for road races more.
Individuals Who Are Living Testimonies Of The Power Of Running:
If you were homeless would you consider running? Many people weren’t until the national for-purpose organization Back on My Feet hit the scene in 2007. As an an organization that uses running to inspire and empower those experiencing homelessness, Back on My Feet is such an inspirational force not only in the running community but in our nation as a whole. Learn more about all there RAD work here.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagramfor more fun health and fitness tips!