<Where Only the Truth Matters>
• I know you’re hoping for a World Series run and quite frankly all things are possible. But it would be wise for you to hold onto those baby steps until further notice. The pitching is there and the management is top shelf, but we must find the bats. The key part of the word baseball is “Base”…and we have to find a way to get on them more often.
• The Pittsburgh Pirates did the right thing in bringing back Barry Bonds for opening day. Everyone else needs to get over it. The league, G.M.s, coaches and players were a part of “that era.” Now, we all accept the past to embrace the future.
• I don’t know why we’re surprised about Kentucky being in the Final Four. Everyone and their brother wants to play there, you’ve got the pick of the best, of the best every year…the Final Four should be no surprise! That being said, I’ve got Florida winning it all.
• I don’t want to make a Big Deal out of this, as you know, we live in a color-blind society…Huh? But, how about a standing ovation for U. Conn Coach Kevin Ollie taking his Huskies to the Final Four in only his second season as head coach.
• I know you’re wondering the same thing I am wondering, but how in the world do Chanel Smith, Lucille Prater-Holliday and Rita Gregory do it? I know for a fact they’re all over 70 years old, if they’re a day, but damn, they look good! And if you had been at the party of the year…The Night of the Champions with the Steeler Legends at the Rivers Casino…you would have seen it for yourself. For now, you’ll have to see them in your New Pittsburgh Courier April 2-8, 2014 edition.
<You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line>