…Where only the truth matters
• You are now beginning to see the reason why a select few own the title “3-Peat” (Which, by the way, in case you didn’t know is owned by Pat Riley…Yep, he owns the phrase0. The Heat, who got away lucky last year for their back to back title, will not ‘3-Peat” and that you can take to the bank.
• Bulletin…Bulletin…Bulletin…Totally unrelated sports item here. Question? How in the world can you not find a 777 super huge airplane? I am just askin’. Don’t tell anyone I said this, I mean just between me and you, but the word on the street is that LaVaghn “Meatball” Johnson and the Cosmic Echoes got the plane stashed up Kinard Field…Apparently the stole it just like they stole the title from me in The Connie Hawkins League up in East Hills back in “82!” Yeah, I said it, now run tell Roland Slade!!
• The…I mean your Pittsburgh Pirates are coming home to kick off the season on Monday and they’re bringing the sun with them. Do yourself a favor and go to a home opener. There’s nothing like it.
• You can blame Pitt a whole lot less when you realize all the teams we lost close games to are gone except Virginia and they just might win it all.
• Tomorrow…Saturday, March 29, is the big event-7 p.m. at the Rivers Casino. Meet the Pittsburgh Steeler legends Mel Blount, J.T. Thomas, Robin Cole, Louis Lipps, Andy Russell, Dwayne Woodruff, Mike Wagner and Randy Grossman. The red carpet, dress to impress social event of the year is brought to you by Champion Enterprises, the Rivers Casino, Highmark, Penn Avenue McDonald’s. the NFL Alumni Association and the New Pittsburgh Courier. Free parking-free hors d’oeuvres- complimentary sweets-cash bar-the Tim Stevens/Leonard Johnson Jazz Band featuring the great Kenny Blake and most of all, a great time while raising money for a great community program, “Champions Safe Summer Programs.”
<You Have Now Just Crossed Over The Finish Line>