• It can be true that it’s hard to beat a team three times and Robert Morris Men’s Basketball Team proved that point big time after beating Mt. Saint Mary’s by eight, two times this season. They hit the wall bad, but hats off to the campus and administration for a top shelf event. The noise, student body, and overall campus atmosphere was second to none. It should help make that whoopin and trip to NIT instead of the NCAA Tournament easier to swallow.
• Duquesne University student body, you could and should take a lesson from the RMC kids and pump some life into your home games. It can turn some losses into wins. (I would say just ask the Pitt Zoo . . . but not lately!)
• Here’s hoping that Kobe’s words hit home on the throne and the Laker management goes and gets Phil Jackson from New York before it’s too late. And while you’re there, get Carmillo, keep Gasol, still Kiree Erving and let’s turn this thing around!
• Ease up on the Ryan Clark hater list. The man was a damn good player and a serious hard hitter. He’s charted his own course now.
• A reminder for the Salute to the Pittsburgh Steeler Super Bowl Legends, Saturday, March 29th, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., at the Rivers Casino. Mel Blount, J.T. Thomas, Dwayne Woodruff, Louis Lipps, Randy Grossman, Robin Cole, Mike Wagner, and Andy Russell. Free parking, free hors d’oeuvres, cash bar, autographs and photographs. Call (412) 628-4856 for information.
YOU HAVE NOW CROSSED OVER THE FINISH LINE