HB: Fun! So, how has your relationship with exercise changed throughout this journey?
CJ: Overeating, binge eating and being a food addict to the fullest were my unhealthy addictions. Exercise has become my replacement healthy addiction. If I miss too many days working out, I am a total beyotch.
HB: What is your favorite meal/dish?
CJ: My favorite meal, which I don’t eat often is my father’s curry chicken, cook-up rice and roti. But my favorite good girl meal is a juicy piece of grilled salmon and asparagus.
HB: So glad you said this. People think they have to give up their favorite food when they are trying to lose weight. Not true. You just have to eat it in moderation and balance it out with healthy stuff. Or, reinvent it–which is what you do right?
CJ: Yes, I am currently developing a catering business that features kale-infused cocktails. #KaleCocktails and #WhatTheKale are hashtags I use when sharing the recipes via social media on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Thus far, I have catered quite a few mommy-groups, book club meetings and get togethers with my #RecipeRemixes. I am big on taking traditional items like pizza, fried chicken and event shrimp & grits and creating healthier versions. I also share many of these recipes on my website www.CarolineJhingory.com.
HB: Wow, can’t wait to get my hands on that shrimp & grits recipe. Seems like you got a good grip on your health. But I’m just wondering, if you could do it all over again what would you change about your journey to where you are now?
CJ: Not to be too much of a cornball….but in the illustrious words of Faith Evans:
If I had to do it all again
I wouldn’t take away the rain
Cuz I know it made me who I am
HB: Amazing! Well clearly your rocking a new body, but tell me more about the other changes you have experienced since you’ve lost the weight?
CJ: I will never again be an emotional eater because I no longer allow my emotions to eat me.
HB: Tell me more about your book! What inspired you to write Half My Size: How I Ate To Lose 150lbs, and what makes your story different from other weight loss stories?
CJ: I grew tired of the one size fits all approaches to weight loss on television and in health magazines. As a woman of color, I know first-hand that losing weight and keeping it off takes a lot more than eating granola and going to a yoga class. I wrote Half My Size How I Ate To Lose 150lbs to provide others with the practical and affordable healthy eating strategies that changed my life. Half My Size focuses on diet, because weight loss is 85% diet and 15% exercise; healthy eating is washing the car and exercise is shining the rims.
HB: If you can leave us with one final thought what would it be?
CJ: Recognize that being fit means being healthy not only physically but emotionally and spiritually.
Caroline Jhingory is a health and wellness consultant and author of Half My Size: How I Ate To Lose 150lbs; which is available exclusively at Amazon and Amazon Kindle. Through her writing, public speaking and social media, Ms. Jhingory continually shares her journey of weight loss, fitness and nutrition. She has provided her healthy living strategies on the Dr. Oz Show, Good Morning America, the Today Show and appeared in such publications as The Huffington Post, People, Essence, and Shape magazines. She has been an invited to conduct workshops and cooking demonstrations for numerous organizations, including Howard University Hospital, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, PNC Bank, the National Association of Women in Agriculture and the local government agencies, as well as at churches and schools across the country. You can connect with Caroline via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook; she also operates an active website and blog at www.CarolineJhingory.com
Check Out This Gallery Of Celebrity Who Love To Workout On Instagram:
Celebrity Fit Club: Our Favorite Stars Share Their Workout Regimen On Instagram
1. Celebrity Fit Club1 of 47
2. Morris Chestnut- On The Treadmill2 of 47
3. Usher-Run It3 of 47
4. Angela Simmons-Simple & Effective4 of 47
5. Angela Simmons-Go Deeper!5 of 47
6. Angela Simmons-Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop6 of 47
7. Angela Simmons-It’s A Lifestyle7 of 47
8. Angela Simmons-Determination Is Key8 of 47
9. Angela Simmons-No Days Off9 of 47
10. Angela Simmons-Morning Training Sessions10 of 47
11. Angela Simmons-Live Life Out Loud11 of 47
12. Angela Simmons-Pose For The Camera12 of 47
13. Angela Simmons-Bend & Stretch13 of 47
14. Angela Simmons-Ready For Her Close Up14 of 47
15. Jordin Sparks-The Fit Selfie15 of 47
16. Jordin Sparks-Engages Her Core16 of 47
17. Jordin Sparks-Getting It Right & Tight17 of 47
18. Jordin Sparks-Gaining Weight18 of 47
19. Jason Derulo-Shooting In The Gym19 of 47
20. Jason Derulo-No Gym, No Problem20 of 47
21. Mo’Nique-Always Motivating21 of 47
22. Mo’Nique-Workin’ Those Arms22 of 47
23. Mo’Nique-Keeping It Real, Keeping It Tight23 of 47
24. Mo’Nique-Makes Us Remember To Work For It24 of 47
25. Mo’Nique-Never Gives Up25 of 47
26. Mo’Nique-Showing Off What Amazing Looks Like26 of 47
27. Keri Hilson-Takin’ The Stairs27 of 47
28. Brandy-Getting It In!28 of 47
29. Brandy-Making Transformations29 of 47
30. Jeanette Jenkins-She Is The Prototype30 of 47
31. Jeanette Jenkins-She Plans Ahead To Get Ahead31 of 47
32. Jeanette Jenkins-Flexible On Fridays32 of 47
33. Jeanette Jenkins-Fit Foodie33 of 47
34. Kelly Rowland-She’s Got Friends In Fit Places34 of 47
35. Kelly Rowland-Drink Good, Look Good35 of 47
36. Kelly Rowland-Abs For Days36 of 47
37. Serena Williams-She Knows How To Hang37 of 47
38. Mary J. Blige-Her Hubby’s Getting It In!38 of 47
39. Mary J. Blige-Throwin’ Them Bows!39 of 47
40. Mary J. Blige-Getting Them Glutes!40 of 47
41. Mary J. Blige-Hard Work Pays Off, Look At That Body!41 of 47
42. Mary J. Blige–Work Them Arms Girl!42 of 47
43. Mary J. Blige-She’s Got Legs & She Knows How To Use Them43 of 47
44. Michelle Obama-Let’s Move!44 of 47
45. Sherri Shepherd-No More Girdles!45 of 47
46. Sherri Shepherd-Dance The Pounds Away46 of 47
47. Khloe Kardashian-She Works Hard Even When She Doesn’t Want To47 of 47
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!