The black and gold find themselves mathematically alive for a wild card but need a ton of help in order for that reality to occur. In addition, they must win their final two games of the year, starting this week in Green Bay.
The Packers will again be without Aaron Rodgers but they aren’t without weapons that the Steelers will need to stop. Big Ben has never played at Lambeu Field and has stated his looking forward to doing so and taking in the nostalgia. Hopefully he can help in making a memory that will last forever for the Steelers.
Here are the Keys to A Steelers Victory:
1. They must run the football effectively. They have to try to control the clock and keep it away from the Packers offense.
2. Creating turnovers is absolutely necessary. The defense must assist in setting up the offense with shorter fields.
3. The Packers are going to key their defense on stopping Antonio Brown so Emmanuel Sanders, Heath Miller and Jerricho Cotchery need to pick up the slack and make impact plays down the field and in the red zone.
4. Jason Worilds and Lawrence Timmons need to lead the way on defense. They are the two biggest impact players the team has on defense and they must get to Matt Flynn as well as stop Edy Lacy.
Here are a Few Things to Watch:
1. Eddie Lacy vs. LeVeon Bell-Mike Tomlin stated this week that it was a no brainer for the Steelers to draft Bell over Lacy. Let’s see who shows the other one up this week.
2. Brett Keisel-The Diesel is coming back this week and is most likely playing in his 2nd to last game. How will he respond to being off for an extended period of time and how impactful will he be?
3. Let’s see how the team responds this week after a big win vs. the Bengals. They looked great a week ago but as we’ve seen all year, they are an inconsistent bunch and it’s always a 50/50 shot on who will show up.
4. The team rookies-Jarvis Jones, LeVeon Bell, Vince Williams to name a few. How will they play, how much will they play, when will they play and can they prove they were worth their draft picks? Now’s the time to see what these guys have.
Mike Pelaia hosts the website Steel Nation Association www.steelnationassociation.com- Covering the Steelers and helping Children’s Hospital All Day Everyday. You can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.