In this Jan. 12, 2013 file photo, “60 Minutes” reporter Lara Logan takes part in a panel discussion at the Showtime Winter TCA Tour in Pasadena, Calif. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File) by David BauderAP Television Writer NEW YORK (AP) — CBS’ “60 Minutes” apologized on Sunday’s broadcast for a flawed story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, and for the discredited source who claimed to have been at the scene. During brief remarks at the end of the hour correspondent Lara Logan said “60 Minutes” was misled and made a mistake in its reporting. Logan is the correspondent responsible for the Oct. 27 story. She had interviewed former security contractor Dylan Davies, who claimed he took part in fighting at the mission. But Davies’ account unraveled last week, forcing CBS News on Friday to admit its error in running the story. It then announced it would address the flawed story on Sunday’s telecast.
Daily Archive: November 11, 2013
Joao Rodrigo Silva Santos. Photo/YouTube (Courtesy Photo) by Zachary Lester (NNPA)–Joao Rodrigo Silva Santos, a former Brazilian professional soccer player, was discovered dead by his wife when she found his severed head in a backpack outside the door of their home on Oct. 29, according to news reports.
Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin yells during the second half of an NFL football game against the Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013, in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh won 23-10. (AP Photo/Don Wright) by Will GravesAP Sports Writer PITTSBURGH (AP) – The Pittsburgh Steelers spent three hours making Buffalo quarterback EJ Manuel look very much like the rookie he is. Old times for a defense that has looked just plain old recently? “No,” safety Ryan Clark said. “We used to be much better than that. “It was a good day, though.”