Francisco Liriano (47) sits in the dugout before a game against the Miami Marlins in Pittsburgh. The Pirates won 4-3. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)
by Bill Neal
You want to talk about the real deal? Francisco Liriano is just that. Throws heat, great control, strength, endurance and guess what? No PED’s . . . (that we know of).
• Say what you want, and I know you will, and I’m sure you’re a little nervous, but the Pittsburgh Pirates are flat out just a better team than the St. Louis Cardinals.
• “Insane Bolt” still the fastest man in the world for three years running and showing no signs of slowing down.
• You want to question the still dominant talent of Tiger Woods. 14 majors, 76 titles, 5 wins this year and will probably be named player of the year. I think not, my good man!
• Steeler legend facts until kick off of the regular season . . . L.C. Greenwood should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Period. End of story. Everybody get on that horse and ride it. Start calling the media and the H.O.F. Committee.
• Important question for you. Name your favorite movie. Tombstone or Wyatt Earp. And your best Doc Holiday, Val Kilmer or Dennis Quaid. Don’t worry. If you’re reading this and you know your westerns, then you know what I’m talking about. Click back in and let me know. I’ll post the results next week. This is important stuff so do the right thing.
“You Have Just Crossed The Finish Line”