Details of plaintiffs in Pa. gay marriage lawsuit
The Associated Press
Details of the 23 men, women and children who are plaintiffs in the first-known legal challenge seeking to overturn a state law effectively banning same-sex marriage in Pennsylvania.
- Deb and Susan Whitewood. Bridgeville. Three children. Together for 22 years.
- Abbey and Katie Whitewood. Bridgeville. Daughters of Deb and Susan Whitewood.
- Fredia and Lynn Hurdle. Pittsburgh. One daughter. Together for 22 years.
- Edwin Hill and David Palmer. Bangor. Together for 25 years. Married in Maine in 2013.
- Heather and Katherine Poehler. Downingtown. Together for 10 years. Married in Massachusetts in 2005.
- Len Rieser and Fernando Chang-Muy. Philadelphia. One daughter. Together for 32 years.
- Dawn Plummer and Diana Polson. Pittsburgh. Two children. Together for 13 years.
- Angela Gillem and Gail Lloyd. Philadelphia. Together for 17 years.
- Helena Miller and Dara Raspberry. Philadelphia. One daughter. Together for six years. Married in Connecticut in 2010.
- Ron Gebhardtsbauer and Greg Wright. State College. Together for 19 years.
- Marla Cattermole and Julia Lobur. Harrisburg. Together for 27 years. Married in Iowa in 2009.
- Maureen Hennessey. Philadelphia. Together for 29 years until partner Mary Beth McIntyre’s death May 18, 2013.
Source: American Civil Liberties Union.