by Bill Neal
* So that you’re caught up, the Finish Line is about just that. The end. A conclusion. A final thought if you will. Some things for you to reconsider before it’s over. Before you cross the finish line.
* There are roughly a trillion or so TV and radio stations in the Pittsburgh and Allegheny County areas, but for some unknown reason there is no, none, zero conversation about the NBA finals. The Penguins have been dead for a month. The Pirates have “90″ more games. The Power . . . well, they have no power. No Pitt or college anything and the Steelers are two months away. But there is no conversation about the NBA. And for the record, now the 2nd highest grossing sport in the U.S., behind the NFL . . . hockey is 4th. Why? I don’t know. But if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks . . . then guess what?
* To which I further and once again say to everybody within earshot or better put, eyeshot of this writing, we desperately need a different voice to be heard in the sports arena in this city and I urge all of you to shout out to WAMO, KDKA, WPXI and WTAE that “Team Champion” is ready. (That would be yours truly and the greatest collection of sports minds in W. Pa.)
* Tim Tebow deserves a chance to be the best he can be. If it was your son, you wouldn’t tell him to give up! And be reminded Bill Belichick is no dummy.
* Say what you want. Tiger Woods needs to win the U.S. Open. It’s been five years since he’s won a major. Winning matters.
* Dropping the gloves in hockey, throwing at the head of batters in baseball, jumping out of a plane without a parachute and remarrying your ex-wife . . . all stupid outdated and dangerous things to do. Live life my friends.!