Penguins right wing Jarome Iginla (12) goes up and over Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk (55) as they battle for the puck during the second overtime period in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals in the Stanley Cup playoffs in Boston, June 5. The Bruins beat the Penguins 2-1 in 2OT on a Patrice Bergeron goal. That set off a celebration in Boston — the first for the Bruins at home after they won the first two games of the series in Pittsburgh 3-0 and 6-1. It is the first time all season that Pittsburgh has lost three consecutive games. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
by Bill Neal
• The passing of the now late great Deacon Jones is not only the loss of a true and original legend, but an innovator as well. Not only did he create the vicious and brutal head slap, but he also named what we now know as “the Sack.”
• When MLB brings the hammer down on A-Rod and the other alleged offenders, they will still be about 100 short of all PED’s offenders.
• Elgin Baylor, Connie “The Hawk” Hawkins, Julius “Dr. J.” Irving, Michael Jordan, Kobe “Black Momba” Bryant and now LeBron “King James” James. The greatest of all time…will come again!
• Hearts certainly go out to the family of Monica Murphy, the mother of five killed in a car accident by former NBA star Mookie Blaylock in Clayton County Georgia. So far, tests indicate that Blaylock had no drugs or alcohol in his system and apparently suffered a seizure of some sort and it may be just a tragic accident.
• I don’t know much about hockey. In fact, I don’t know anything about hockey. However, I do know this: no team has ever come back from 0-3 to win the Eastern Conference Title!