1) It’s For The Kids: This is the oldest excuse in the book when it comes to keeping junk food in the house. It’s flawed for many reasons, namely because you know you eat some of it. When junk is in the house you are bound to eat some of it at times. And your kids should NOT be eating junk food on a regular basis, such as in their lunches. It’s not good for them and it’s not good for you.
2) I Didn’t Buy It: Oh, I didn’t buy it. My in-laws, friend, sister, kids, spouse bought that. OK, it’s still in your house. I understand why you may be hesitant to throw out food that someone else gave you, but look at the big picture. By throwing junk out of your house you are protecting your health and the healthy of everyone who lives under your roof. That’s huge!
3) A Little Bit Won’t Hurt: When you keep junk food in the house you’re fooling yourself if you think that you only eat a little bit of it. The contents of your kitchen become the things that you habitually eat. If there’s junk in the house then you habitually are eating it, and a little bit of junk every day adds up to a LOT of junk over a week or month. And you wonder why you haven’t lost the weight yet…
4) It’s My Favorite: I understand that there may be junk foods that you’ve become so used to eating that it’s hard to imagine going a day or more without it. In this case, you really need to cut the junk out in order to achieve your ideal health and fitness level. Birthdays, holidays, and special occasions are the time to have a taste of your old favorite junk. And after you’ve stopped eating it daily you may find that it doesn’t even taste as good as you remember.
5) Life’s Too Short: YOLO, right? (You Only Live Once) If this is your excuse for having junk food in the house, then I’ve got a new one for you. YOLO, so why not live that life in a healthy, fit, attractive body that’s full of energy, free from aches and pains and looks amazing?! Being fit and healthy is so much more rewarding that eating a favored junk food every day. Nothing tastes as good as fit and healthy feels.
Now it’s time for you to take action. All you need is a big black trash bag and the determination to be fit and healthy. Grab that bag, march into your kitchen and start pitching the junk.
Look for anything in a package that contains processed sugar, grains and high amounts of sodium. Go get ‘em!
Wheeew! Didn’t that feel great? Your kitchen is now wholesome and healthy, and your body will be too.
Eating a healthy diet, free from junk, is one side of the equation when it comes to getting into amazing shape. The other side is consistent, challenging exercise.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Watch out, or that junk food will come creeping back into your pantry. Decide here and now to adopt a zero tolerance policy when it comes to junk food in your house. Be vigilant and stay strong when your kids start to whine for their old favorites. Replace the junk with wholesome food such as fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, and lean meats.