10. OK for real, for real. .. I know some of you read my column each week and say to anyone that will listen, “Bill Neal’s always running his mouth. Just because he dominated the Connie Hawkins league when he coached ‘The Dons’ he thinks he knows everything about basketball.” Well I know this… I told ya, I told ya, I told ya. It’s not going to work in Miami. The “Heat” will not win it all, not even the East. The Celtics Take It! This comes to you from me following their 3rd loss in a row. Now Run Tell That!
9. Boise State… Now will you shut up ???
8. I don’t know tennis but I know this. When Serena Williams tells her man it’s time to go—She M-eans-Now!! You see the size of that woman.
7. I know you think I’m saying this because I’m not on the air anymore but trust me I’m not. Look at all the sports talk shows on the air. I’m not going to name them, If you know sports you know what I’m talking about. There are at least 20-25 different shows on TV and radio in this area and maybe… Maybe 2 or 3 Black announcers. The same people on over and over. Same attitudes, same opinions no insight to the Black perspective or for that matter anyone of color. And to be real fair … No women either … I’m just saying!!!
6. Everybody just stop it. Just stop it. It’s not that complicated. Pitt, go spend the money to get a big time coach to turn the program around. You think it’s not that easy? I’ve got two names for you…Johnny Majors and Jackie Sherrill. Money talks all that other stuff they’re feeding ya walks.
5. Shaq is back baby … Just watch. The attitude is back, the weight is gone and he wants to beat Kobe and the Lakers.
4. The Pirates win 10 more games with this new coach that’s it.
3. The 10 greatest jumpers of all time in western Pa.: 1. Sonny Lewis 2. Myron Brown 3. Jeep Kelly 4. John Farley 5. Morrie “Skylab” Cox 6. Steve Snyder 7. Eugene McCay 8. Will Herndon 9. Larry “Juice” Walker 10. Walt “Cornbread” Haynes. No? Call me then. I am easy to find: “Bill Neal” 412-607-3697.
2. Keep your eyes on the Gateway Gators basketball team. Tyler Scott and Barnett Harris Jr. are set to make some noise. They are two of the best in the WPIAL.
1. You still got time, but not a lot. The 35th annual Willie Stargell Pittsburgh MVP Awards Banquet (Most Valuable Person) Awardees list is growing: Franco Harris, Sheldon Ingram, Gloria Hill, Paul Seneca, Beverly Walker, Gilbert Brown, Bill Viola, Shayla Scott, Sam Clancy, Bruce Atkins, Darnell Dinkins, Tika Hemmingway, Russell Bynum, Rayco “War“ Saunders, Chaz Kellum and Kevin Cameron, Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m. at D’Imperios, 3412 William Penn Hwy., Monroeville. For tickets call 412-607-3697—Only 100 seats available
Time Out…Rayco “War” Saunders to fight again Dec. 17 at the Monroeville Convention Center—Don’t Miss It!